Eligibility to compete
- Clubs entering teams into these Championships must be affiliated to SCAA and England Athletics.
- Athletes competing in these Championships must meet at least one of the following qualifying conditions:
– Born in the county
– Resident for a qualifying period currently 9 months
– Member of the armed forces serving in the countY
- All competing athletes must be affiliated to England Athletics.Athletes may only run for a Second Claim club if they meet a County qualifying condition AND their First Claim club is not competing in the event.
- Current club vest must be worn by all athletes.
- Senior athletes lacking a county qualification may compete in the event as part of a ‘Non Suffolk’ team, but the team will not be eligible for county awards.
- Junior age categories are as follows:
– MU13, FU13, MU15, FU15, MU17, FU17
– Junior age categories will be determined by age on 31st Aug prior to commencement of the competition year.
- Senior age categories are as follow:
– Male & Female Open, MV40, FV40, MV50, FV50, MV60, FV60
– Senior athletes must be 17 or over on 31st Aug prior to commencement of the competition year.
– All masters age categories are taken as age on the day of the race.
– Teams can be comprised of mixed age categories but the age of the youngest runner will determine in which age category the team competes.
Format and Awards
- The event will consist of 5 races as follows:
– Race 1 (3 x 1.6mile legs) – FU13, FU15 and FU17
– Race 2 (3 x 1.6mile legs) – MU13, MU15 and MU17
– Race 3 (3 x 3mile legs) – Women’s Open, FV40, FV50 and FV60
– Race 4 (3 x 3mile legs) – MV40, MV50 and MV60
– Race 5 (4 x 3mile legs) – Men’s Open
- Teams competing in the Men’s Open race will consist of 4 runners. In all other age categories, the teams will consist of 3 runners.
- Team finish positions will be determined by the combined time of all competing runners in the team.
- Awards will be presented to each competing athlete in the 1st placed team of each age category.
- Team managers are to submit the number of teams being entered and pay the entry fee by the closing date. Entry fees to be paid by BACS with payment details being sent to the team managers.
- Entries will close two weeks prior to the event. No late entries or substitutions.
- Team declarations including Name, DOB and EA number must be made no later than midnight on the Friday preceding the event (declaration forms will be sent to team managers).
- Race numbers to be collected by team managers on the day.
- An athlete may run more than one leg for a given team, but that team will not be eligible for County awards.
- An athlete may run for more than one team but only one team will be eligible for County awards. Team managers must declare before the start of the race which team is to be included in the County Championships.
- UKA race rules will apply to the event and in the case of any dispute the referee on the day decision will be final.
- Audio devices are not permitted whilst racing. Any athlete using headphones during a race will be disqualified.