The SWL is not organised by Suffolk County AA. Please do not contact Suffolk County AA.
Contact: Suffolk Winter League Secretary, Ricky Peacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
2023/4 – next event: Woodbridge – 3rd December
Date: Sunday 3rd December 2023
Venue: Rock Barracks, Sutton Heath, IP12 3LU
Race Times and (approx.) Distances:
Junior Race (Age 11-16) Single lap, Approx 3500m, 1100 Start, Entry Fee £2
Senior Race (Age 17+) Single lap, Approx 8000m, 1115 Start, Entry Fee £5
There is NO Under 11 Fun Run
WOODBRIDGE CROSS COUNTRY FINAL INFORMATION
- Sutton Heath has a large community that live in the area of Race HQ and we all must be respectful and mindful that not everyone is involved in the event.
- With that in mind, when you enter the parking areas please flash your headlights so that the car park marshal knows that you are a competitor and not a local resident. The marshal can then guide you to the appropriate parking areas.
- Parking is at a premium so please car share where possible.
- If you are transporting a team gazebo please let the marshal know then you can park at the Team campsite.
- On arrival, team captains should go to the Community Hall and look for the Registration table, there Paul Wigens will give you your team envelope.
- There are hot drinks available in the Community Hall prior to the races priced 50p.
- Cakes and hot drinks are available after the race at £1 per cake.
- This is a cash only facility.
- When crossing the road to the start please keep to the left hand side of the road, the marshals will guide you.
- The courses are sandy with puddles, spikes are not required as the ground is relatively hard and some puddles have been filled in with bricks.
- Finally, a huge thank you to 23 Para Engr Regt and the Broxhall Estate for enabling this event to take place.
- I look forward to seeing you all, it’s been a while.
- On entry to the barracks, you will be directed to the parking areas and shown where the team gazebos can be set up.
- Runners aged 17 on or before 3rd Dec 2023 may take part in the senior race and must pay the relevant race fee for that race.
- The junior race is for 11–16-year-olds. Age 11 or over on 31st August 2023. (School Year 7 and above)
- NO “Guests” are allowed to run in the event and all competitors must be fully paid-up members of SWL Clubs.
- Team Result Sheets, Plastic wallets and envelopes will be available for collection by team captains in the Race HQ. Envelopes will be clearly marked with team names and the Woodbridge Shufflers BACS details will be on the envelopes. Team Captains, please take care when filling in the forms.
- Both Races start opposite the barracks on Sutton Heath.
- PLEASE TAKE CARE CROSSING THE ROAD, this will be heavily marshalled. Marshals or signs will point runners in the right direction. There will be plenty of marshals with VHF radios around the course and the First Aid Team have an all-terrain vehicle capable of reaching all parts of the course.
- ALL RUNNERS ARE ASKED TO BE KIND, COURTEOUS AND MINDFUL OF OTHER RUNNERS AT THE UNAVOIDABLE CHOKE POINTS. Please be aware that Sutton Heath is an area of Natural Beauty and there may be dog walkers on the course so please be mindful.
- Facilities: The Community Centre will be open for refreshments after the race so please bring CASH!
- Portable Toilets and a 6-person urinal will be available by the club gazebos and an “Accessible” toilet will be available on request.
- All Clubs are welcome to bring their own Gazebos and there is space for them behind the shop.
- We look forward to seeing you on Sunday 3rd December.
Mike Ward Race Director Mob: 07841054582
- Clubs are expected to have paid their affiliation fee (£60) BEFORE the first event in the series.
- All competing clubs are to provide a team captain for the day. It will be their responsibility to fill in team sheets, collect payments from runners and return finish tokens along with the completed team sheets. Full info for team captains to follow in a separate email.
- All runners are to be members of participating clubs (no guest runners)
- Race fees remain at £5 for the senior race and £2 for the junior event.
- Please car share wherever possible!! This really helps to ease the pressure on the host club- especially if the weather is not great.
The following are the dates for the season
Note: The Framlingham event has been postponed to a possible date in March 2024. The Southwold event is confirmed with the landowners (at the same location) as 18th February, so we now have a more compact league calendar. The Southwold event should also have an updated course with some nice inclines and less mud !
|Date 2022-23 Season||Venue||Host Club||Senior |
|3rd December 2023||Woodbridge||Woodbridge Shufflers RC|
|14th January 2024||Haughley Park||Stowmarket Striders|
|28th January 2024||Horseheath Racecourse||Haverhill Running Club|
|11th February 2024||Pakenham||Saint Edmund Pacers|
|18th February 2024||Southwold||Bungay Black Dog RC|
|Possibly March 2024||Framlingham||Framlingham Flyers|
NO “Guests” are allowed to run in the event and all competitors must be fully paid up members of SWL Clubs.
Team Result Sheets, Plastic wallets and Envelopes will be available for collection by team captains. Please don’t mix the money with the team sheets- they go to different places and any mix-ups only delay the results process. On this note – please take care when filling out the team sheets. Please write runners names clearly and tick the correct age group box. We’ll supply these sheets (also available here and here). Age groups for seniors are set by age on 3/12/2023. Juniors is age on 31/08/2023
Please remember to fill out your team-sheet clearly and don’t forget that Senior age categories are based on age on 3/12/23. Junior categories are based on age on 31/8/2023. Note rule change for this season, U17 runners on 3/12/23 may only run in the junior race.
Please also remember that entry fees go in one envelope for the host club while finish tickets and team-sheets go in another for Chris Starmer to collate results.
Note: the entry fees: £5 per senior runner, £2 per Junior runner. If an event does offer an under 11 race then U11 entries are free, and will be taken at the information desk, not by team captains.
- Age Groups:
- Junior age groups (U17, U15, U13) are determined by the runners age on 31st August 2023
- Senior age groups are determined by the runners age on the date of the first race in the series (3rd December 2023).
- Runners must be aged 17+ (on 3rd December 2023) to take part in a senior race
- RUNNERS REMAIN IN THE SAME AGE CATEGORY FOR THE WHOLE SERIES regardless of any ‘significant’ birthdays that may occur over the course of the winter
2022/23 Final Results
2021/22 Final Results
Note: The SWL is not organised by Suffolk County A.A.